Super Savers Youth Account
Learning about money and establishing good savings habits at an early age can be the key to your child's future financial success. Whether your child is earning income from a part-time job or receiving an allowance, help them establish a plan for their money and start becoming financially savvy.
Open a Super Savers Youth Account Today!
- $25 opening deposit made by the Credit Union
- 2-12 year olds receive Super Saver Deposit Slips
- Every deposit enters them into a quarterly drawing
- 13-17 year olds receive a punch card for deposits
- 5 punches on their card gets them a free giftcard
How to start money talk?
- Ask questions. If you’re going out to eat, talk about the price difference between the options, and ask them which they would choose. If they select the more expensive, talk through what you might have to give up later in the week.
- Make them part of your budgeting. If you’re doing any kind of financial planning for the year, solicit input from your kids. Enlist them in your saving goals—no one watches you more closely than your kids, so they’re natural accountability partners! If you’re uncomfortable revealing too much of your financial picture, you can keep the discussions high level, but involving them makes money less abstract.
- Open a youth savings account at Members First. This is the best way to help them to learn to save for what they find meaningful in life. A lifetime of good savings habits can start now!